Friday, August 7, 2009

GST BOCES Adult Education and Traiing Services Blog

Good morning, everyone. I thought it would be nice to have a blog for all of us to share the good things that are happening in adult ed. Please share your thoughts with all of us. What's happening with you? What examples of excellent service to our students have you witnessed lately?

I would like to thank whomever has washed my oatmeal bowl for the past few days. I eat a little snack before heading off to the CCJ to train and I let my bowl soak (thinking I will wash it later on). Someone either beats me to it, or I forget and someone has washed it at the end of the day. I'm usually better at doing it myself, but it has been a busy week. So I thank the dish elves!

It's been a busy, productive summer so far! In the midst of our hustle and bustle, I have noticed that we all work well as a team and help each other out as needed! We're lucky to be able to look to each other for support! Keep up the awesome teamwork!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks Robin, and I would like to wish the "Blue Grass" followers a great time in Wellsboro, and to come back with NO broken bones and NOTHING in the "oven". Tina will know exactly what I am talking about so if you do not understand ask her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello all! Thank you Robin for creating an Adult Ed Blog! What a wonderful idea. Now... I think we all need to discuss the annual Weenie Wednesday. Has anyone heard anything regarding Chuck and how he's doing? I'd love to invite him to join us again. He wouldn't need to cook, just sit with us. I was thinking August 26th; weenies and dish to pass. What do you all think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirlene: I think this is a splendid plan. Thanks for getting the ball rolling - just let everyone know the details and circulate a dish-to-pass list. Do you love how I have left everything up to you? It's called delegating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Shirlene the 26th will work for me also. Love the dish to pass days. Are you going to call Chuck or is Cindy. I think he has probably been waiting to hear from us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to see we're up and running with information sharing!

    Inviting Chuck for our annual weenie wednesday would be fun! I am in training that day, but will be back here by noon. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Robin for creating this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi - we're getting to be great bloggers! Thanks Shirlene for setting up a Weenie Wednesday date and Joan - thanks for contacting Chuck! I am so glad to hear that he is feeling up to attending! Unfortunately, I'll miss this good time, but I'll be on vacation and that's good too! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every interaction with a customer affects your organization and its success.

    What does this mean to you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It means to me that every moment we interact with a customer - we are representing BOCES as a whole to that customer - not just adult ed. We need to always project a very friendly, knowledgable, helpful and positive attitude so that the customer's perception of "BOCES" is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Cindy is very perceptive - she gets it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I echo Cindy's sentiments and I would add that we need to make time for our customers. Yes, we're very busy, which is a good thing, but let's remember that our customers may not understand our lingo or our processes. We should check for understanding, and if needed, slow down and take a little more time with the customer. It shows we care.

    If you spot some examples of excellent customer service to our customers, please share your thoughts with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've finally had the opportunity to check out the adult ed blog. As Robin would say, "you need to get jiggy with it"! So now I am jiggy. Thanks everyone for sharing!

    ReplyDelete